Posted in Living in Atlanta, tagged atlanta airport, atlanta international airport, atlanta international airport new terminal, new terminal atlanta, international airport atlanta, leed certified airport, atlanta airport awards, atlanta airport best in country, awards atlanta airport on July 19, 2012 |
Leave a Comment »
First, for the 10th year in a row, the Air Transport Research Society (ATRS) has recognized Hartsfield-Jackson’s world leadership in airport efficiency.
The Global and North American Airport Efficiency Excellence Award is a reflection of Hartsfield-Jackson’s productivity, efficiency and low costs, including the lowest passenger costs for the airlines.
“Moving forward in today’s business environment means increasing operational efficiencies,” Aviation General Manager Louis Miller said. “We are confident that, with the opening of the international terminal and the upcoming release of an updated master plan, Hartsfield-Jackson is well-positioned not only to maintain but also to build upon its reputation as the world’s most efficient airport.”
The second award from Executive Travel magazine names Hartsfield Jackson as the best domestic airport. Executive Travel readers vote for the Leading Edge Awards, which were developed to honor travel providers that offer the most innovative, high-quality products to business travelers.
Opened May 16, the Maynard H. Jackson Jr. International Terminal connects with Concourse E to create a world-class, 40-gate air travel complex. The international terminal eliminates the need for Atlanta-bound passengers to recheck baggage.
Read Full Post »
In a couple of weeks, the new international terminal at Atlanta’s Hartsfield Jackson International Airport will open. Click on the image for more information from their website.
On May 16, 2012, the doors will swing open on the Maynard H. Jackson Jr. International Terminal at Atlanta’s airport. With its sweeping roof line, gentle metallic curves and glass façade, the international terminal will welcome millions of world travelers for decades to come.
Perfectly timed for an expected surge in international travel over the next decade, the Maynard H. Jackson Jr. International Terminal and its new concourse will connect with Concourse E to create a 40-gate international air travel complex.
This cutting-edge, LEED-certified (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) facility will be the new global gateway through which travelers from throughout the world will connect with more than 150 U.S. cities. For those traveling from the United States, the international terminal will be the gateway to nearly 80 destinations in more than 50 countries.
- Elimination of the baggage recheck process for Atlanta-bound international travelers
- Dedicated terminal for international travelers
- World-class retail outlets, restaurants and business services
- Increased Airport gate capacity
- Reduced demand on existing Airport facilities, including The Plane Train, baggage handling systems and security checkpoints
- Direct and indirect employment of thousands of workers
- Local and regional economic development opportunities
- 1.2 million-square-foot terminal and concourse facility
- 12 gates on a new concourse, known as Concourse F
- Separate levels for arrivals and departures
- Eight security checkpoint lanes for international departing passengers
- Five security recheck lanes for domestic connecting passengers
- New Customs and Border Protection facility
- Two parking structures with more than 3,500 parking spaces
Read Full Post »