Almost 30% of my residential real estate business metro Atlanta during 2010 were home sales in Smyrna, Georgia. Smyrna is a wonderful town located just west of Atlanta, right outside of I-285 to the west. Many people think Smyrna is an ideal location because of its easy accessibility to Atlanta’s interstate system, to the airport, and to Vinings and Buckhead.
Smyrna is so close to Atlanta’s niche neighborhood Vinings that homes that lie on or near the border with Vinings are said to be in “Sminings” or “Smynings”.
Known as the “Jonquil City,” it derives this name from the thousands of jonquils that flourish in gardens and along the streets in early spring.
The City of Smyrna was incorporated in 1872 and operates under a form of government with Mayor and Council members representing seven wards. Over the years, the City of Smyrna – covering approximately 15 sq. miles – has developed into a vital and active member of the regional landscape.
- Just a 15-minute drive from downtown Atlanta, yet free of the congestion
- Revitalized and active downtown area includes a library, community center, retail development and mixed-use development, city hall and charming homes
- Charming neighborhoods with a vast array of amenities for residents and businesses
- Parks, jogging trails, pools, lighted tennis courts, public golf courses and much more
- Day camps, sports and recreational activities for children to seniors
- Summer concerts and family events downtown
- Winner of the prestigious Urban Land Institute’s Award of Excellence
Click here to see homes for sale in Smyrna, GA.